[rescue] FDDI go fast!

Jochen Kunz jkunz at maja.unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Mon Sep 2 03:55:33 CDT 2002

On Mon, Sep 02, 2002 at 01:28:39AM -0000, jwbirdsa at picarefy.com wrote:

>    Addendum to that: the 3Com 3C797 is just a rebadged DEFPA and works
> just fine, even with 3Com's drivers.
I have a 3COM relabeled DEFPA and it has problems joining the ring.
I suspect too old / buggy firmware.

> It turned in about 2800Kbytes per second.
How did you get this number? NFS / SMB throughput? What machines?
I got 6.5 MB/s via NFS between a SGI Indigo2, 150 MHz R4400, IRIX 6.5
and a DEC PWS 500au, 500 MHz 21164A, Tru64 5.1 with a DEFPA. Raw TCP
throughput was about 10MB/s. NetBSD on an other 500 MHz 21164A machine
to the PWS was a bit slower. Can't remember exactly, I think it was a
bit less than 5 MB/s via NFS.
--

tsch,
         Jochen