[rescue] sparcstation 5 memory

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 1 10:06:49 CDT 2002

Sorry for the reply to my own post, but I forgot to add that an SS/5 is
a very useful machine, since it will run Solaris 9...

I am presently loading Solaris 9 on one of Mike Niccewongers old IPC ->
SS/5-170 upgrades... Nice box (came with 64 Meg RAM, TGX, and a *dead*
2 Gig HD). I ripped out the dead drive, hooked up a Sun 911 box (I
think - 4x 2Gig HDs) & CD-ROM, and have a great little trainer/tinker
box... Install OS on a 2 Gig drive, swap and /export/home/ on another
drive, and have two leftover for RAID training or additional OS
installs... String a 8mm DAT and it is a complete solution! An IPC
"Tower of Power" ;^)

Lionel

--- Lionel Peterson <lionel4287 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> SS/5 memory is *very* affordable on ebay, you might want to buy a
> DIMM or two of known-good RAM to test the system...

=====
Lionel

http://finance.yahoo.com