[rescue] sparcstation 5 memory

Walter Belgers walter+rescue at belgers.com
Sun Sep 1 09:23:28 CDT 2002

Hi all,

Just got a Sun Sparcstation 5, without memory/disk/cd/floppy. When
booting, I get an error message on SIO-A:

	ERROR  : Sync Trap, PSR= 04100fc7, PC= 000333d4, TBR= 70000290
        ERROR  : Sync Fault Status Reg = 700075d0
        ERROR  : Sync Fault Address Reg = 70001fb

The only reference I found on the web:
http://www.reedmedia.net/misc/netbsd/sparc.html indicates this may be
because there's no memory inside. I took some memory out of an Apple
PowerMac 7500 (2x 32Mb, inserted in slots closest to the rear of the
machine). The same error message still appears.

Does anybody know if PowerMac memory is compatible with SS5 memory? Or
does the error sound familiar?

Cheers,
Walter.

Btw, I just got an old Sequent Symmetry 2000/200 with 4 486 processors.
Does anybody have source code incidating how the bus works? If so, I
could get somebody to port NetBSD to it.