[rescue] IBM RS/6000 3CT

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Fri Oct 25 14:34:51 CDT 2002

On Friday, October 25, 2002, at 03:26 PM, Mike Johnson wrote:
> I recently came into possession of one of these beasties and can't seem
> to find much in the way of information (maybe I'm just looking in the
> wrong places).  I've found that it's a 67MHz POWER2, and I've found the
> diag codes.  It also seems to be maxed out in memory (but I don't know
> what the maximum is).  It has a sound card, an ATM card, and a video
> card (which is a GXT150M, it would seem).  It also has a 2GB drive.
> When booting, it goes through a bunch of diagnostics on the little
> read-out, and (I guess) makes it into the OS, and the display clears.
>
> My problem is I don't have a monitor for it (it doesn't seem to like
> Sun
> monitors) and I can't figure out how to get serial console.  Any
> pointers?

   I've used SGI monitors on RS6000s before...not perfect, but they
work.  I did that on my 3CT, in particular. ;)  The 3CT is quite a
decent machine.

   See http://www.neurotica.com/docs/rs6000/7030-3CT.html for lots of
3CT info.

       -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                  "Mmmm, big."
St. Petersburg, FL                -Den