[rescue] large lot of cheap 72pin memory on e bay

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Thu Oct 17 16:14:26 CDT 2002

On Thu, Oct 17, 2002 at 05:07:29PM -0400, Sheldon T. Hall wrote:

> Those machines can do tons of useful work.  Even an IPX is a Good Thing for
> stuff like DNS, mail, DHCP, and other simple serving.  I've got an IPX, an
> LX, and several Classics, although only one (a Classic) is currently running
> on my little network.  I love the form-factor, too; I wish Sun still made
> things that size.

My IPX is acting as a DHCP server, and hopefully at some point a boot
server to an xterm or two.

The LX is sitting on the shelf.  I have lots of things I want to do with
it.  For instance, load it with disks and make it a file server until
the second U1 arrives.  Or, load it with solaris and use it as a test
bed for FDDI networking to being that part of the network online.  Or,
make it a CVS server, or make it an internal web server, or any number
of other things.  It's is just a matter of what is most pressing at the
point that I manage to make/find the time.

--
Joshua D. Boyd