[rescue] The aesthetics of rescue

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 15 18:58:22 CDT 2002

15 years ago (aprox., not exact) I worked in a datacenter with many
3090/600E systems (then the biggest IBM had) - but I was only a console
operator...

It was fun though - I think they had about 12 of them, and at least one
3090/200 as a test system (for the System Programmers to try things out
on)... That was a mixed shop (MVS/XA and VM/XA or VM/SP). They had
about a dozen waist-high 3480 cart decks and a half-million 3420 reel
tapes - I was part of the conversion from reels to carts.

Fun.

Sometimes I miss working 4:00 -> 12:00 each night.

Lionel

--- Ross Alexander <ross at mail.two-cats.net> wrote:
> Yeh, we upgraded from the 4341 to a 4381 shortly after I started.
> Then a couple of years later to a 3090 (what a monster --
> watercooling and all) and then to a 9121. VSE, CICS, PCS/ADS, BTAM,
> VTAM, ISAM, VSAM, DL/1 (at various times -- not all at once).

=====
Lionel