[rescue] Big tape drives

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Tue Oct 15 13:04:44 CDT 2002

On Tuesday, October 15, 2002, at 01:48 PM, Todd Killingsworth wrote:
> ???
> Did a landlady think you were running a drug lab because of your high
> electricity usage or something?

   No, she knew exactly what I was doing...She freaked out when she came
by to chat and saw all the equipment running in my house.  She left,
and came back with the cops demanding that they "do something
immediately" because all this "industrial stuff" was "obviously
illegal".

   This is a person who leads an incredibly ordinary life...she works
from 9 to 5 doing stuff she doesn't care a thing about, then she goes
home to her white house with the white picket fence, dog, cat,
parakeet, 2.6 kids, makes dinner for her husband who drinks crappy
American beer while watching The Game(tm) and does NOTHING in her house
except for eat, sleep, and read the newspaper...and when she dies,
nobody except her immediate family will ever know she was here.

   And the worst part?  She thinks everyone else should live as
miserable an existence as she does.

        -Dave

St. Petersburg, FL       reboot and upgrade."    -Jonathan Patschke