[rescue] Wyse Unix SVR4 media kit (3.0.1)

Gavin Hubbard ghub005 at xtra.co.nz
Fri Nov 29 23:21:03 CST 2002

Hi Lads

I was trawling through a local surplus store, and I found a mint/unused Wyse media and documentation kit for "Unix System V Release 4.0 version 3.0.1 for EISA/EISAMP". Only 2USD so what the heck. The media is on floppy & exabyte and includes boot floppies and the unlimited user package disk. This would date from what, 1992-1993?

According to the documentation, it supports the following (edited list):

Hardware:

1-5 32-bit 33MHz Intel 80486 CPUs
4GB virtual memory per process
256KB onboard RAM cache (per CPU)
64-bit Wyse Wyde Bus (WWB)
32-bit EISA Bus
SCSI disks
Floppy disks
CDROM drives
SCSI, DAT, amd nine track tapes
Ethernet
Centronics parallel
RS-232
CGA/VGA/VGA/monochrome
Wyse and Amdek terminals (various)

Software:

10MB ethernet
Async serial
Parallel line printer
Sockets compatible library
NFS
TCP/IP
RPC
XDR
Graphical interface (X client)

This is no use to me but if anyone is restoring an early nineties x86 system and wants a Unix OS for it, please contact me off-list. I'll send it anywhere for the cost of postage.

Best regards,

Gavin