[rescue] Solaris connecting to NetBSD/sparc question

Greg A. Woods woods at weird.com
Fri Nov 29 16:25:34 CST 2002

[ On Friday, November 29, 2002 at 14:06:46 (-0500), Stephen Worotynec wrote: ]
> Subject: [rescue] Solaris connecting to NetBSD/sparc question
>
> In the "Linux" thread I noticed a few people mentioning they run NetBSD on
> 4c machines. Has anyone noticed anything odd connecting to such a system
> from Solaris?

Nope.

> I just installed NetBSD 1.6 on an IPX and notice a problem - I cannot
> maintain ssh or telnet sessions from a machine running Solaris 7.  By way
> of contrast, a 712/80 running HP-UX 10.20 and a PC with Windows and
> SecureCRT are fine. From Solaris, commands that result in a single line of
> output seem good, or even a few lines up to some point is good - but ls -l
> in a directory with thirty files locks up both telnet and ssh. Launching
> vi is another way to lock up the session.

You left out some critical bits of information:  What versions of SSH
are installed on each machine?

You also don't say whether or not you've tried connecting with debugging
enabled (eg. 'slogin -v otherhost').

> It's something I expect to "just work", so I'm not sure what else to look
> for.

It "just works" fine for me with both OpenSSH-3.x and SSH-3.2 on my *BSD
machines and with OpenSSH-2.x on the Solaris box.

For a very short while I had OpenSSH-3.x on Solaris-9 on a SunFire V100
box working just fine too.

--
								Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098;            <g.a.woods at ieee.org>;           <woods at robohack.ca>