[rescue] SPARC memory query

dave at cca.org dave at cca.org
Thu Nov 28 23:23:38 CST 2002

mcguire at neurotica.com writes:

>   The "balance" of a design is very, very important...this is something
>that the PeeCee industry can't quite seem to figure out.

I think the requirement for being part of the PC hardware industry
is to have never heard of Amdahl, just like to be accepted into
the PC software industry you must never have heard of Brooks.

Seriously though - they know, they just don't care. The way to
make money moving lots and lots of little boxes is to make a
machine that is complient with a small handfull of buzzwords,
and not spend a cent on anything else.

------ David Fischer ------- dave at cca.org ------- http://www.cca.org ------
----------- When Heaven is full, the dead shall walk the earth. -----------