[rescue] San Antonio, TX area rescue

Eric Dittman dittman at dittman.net
Thu Nov 28 22:05:00 CST 2002

> > Yes, and you did know I was going to bid as I emailed the list
> > that I was going to bid right after Chris sent the email.
>
>    I had already placed my bid by the time your reply hit the list...my
> bid was placed at 9:40, and your email came through at 9:45.  If I had
> known of your intention to go after the machines before I placed my
> bid, I would have backed off, company possibilities or not.  That and a
> quarter will buy you a cup of coffee, of course, but I wanted to make
> sure you know where I stand.

I understand.  But really, when a friend needs something
to keep his company going vs. when I want something for
a hobby there's just no doubt that the friend getting the
item is more important.

> > I'm not mad at you, Dave, just disappointed.
>
>    I apologize for that.
>
>    I hadn't wanted to mention this, because the 2 machines vs. 1
> dual-cabinet machine thing is still up in the air, but if there are
> indeed two useful machines there I would be willing to split the booty
> (so to speak) with you.

I'm pretty sure one cabinet is an expansion cabinet.

>    I'm not trying to buy you off or anything of the sort, but I would
> like to demonstrate some degree of good faith.

Dave, you don't need to demonstrate anything to me.  I'm not
mad at you, although I was in a bit of a huff at first, but
I got over that real quick.  You are a friend, and I value
friends more than I do things.

Please, everyone, let's drop this and go on to talk about
other things.
--
Eric Dittman
dittman at dittman.net