[rescue] San Antonio, TX area rescue

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Thu Nov 28 20:17:15 CST 2002

On Thursday, November 28, 2002, at 08:54 PM, Eric Dittman wrote:
>>    Well it's certainly better than the auction ending at $30K and NONE
>> of us get the hardware...which is what happened with the last "big"
>> S/390 on eBay, a G4, about two years ago.
>
> How did you know I wasn't going to bid that much?

   I didn't, of course, nor did you know I wasn't going to bid that
much.  But it's pretty unlikely in either case, don't you think?

   Like I said, I'm sorry man, but I was in there first and you decided
to bid against me anyway.  It's not like you didn't see who the high
bidder was when you placed your bid.

       -Dave