[rescue] Re: SPARC memory query

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Thu Nov 28 16:34:50 CST 2002

On Thursday, November 28, 2002, at 05:27 PM, Gavin Hubbard wrote:
> Come on Dave, be fair. I'm sure that PC designers would love to throw
> off the constraints of the historical architecture - but that
> historical continuity is what makes a PC a PC.

   Well, ok...in all fairness, a lot of the problems that PeeCees have
are due to the fact that they have to maintain backward compatibility.
But that doesn't excuse them from creating a "religion" in which MHz is
everything, then catering to that religion.

> P.S. Well done on the big-iron - I thought an out-of-auction offer
> might swing it ;-)

   Yeah it took a little doing, but I'm glad to keep the hardware out of
the hands of the resellers...now (if I can get at least one of them
running) we'll all have it to hack on.

         -Dave