[rescue] Linux

Carl R. Friend crfriend at rcn.com
Thu Nov 28 08:54:26 CST 2002

   Bill Bradford comments:

> On Wed, Nov 27, 2002 at 08:05:08PM -0800, paul savage wrote:
> > I have some Sparc 20's with dual and quad cpu's, 125
> > and 150Mhz. What is the best brand of Linux to run on
> > these machines. Also what would be good on a U60?
>
> Solaris 9.

   If he hadn't said that, I was going to.  I've heard rumours,
though, that the newest cut of S9 dropped support for the sun4m
line.  Is that true, or just vicious rumour-mongering?

   Why in the world do people insist on loading the latest
version of L*x or *BSD on hardware that has its own perfectly
good OS?  It's like folks who want to get *BSD running on
PDP-10 iron.  WHY?????!

   Two things have come out of Berkeley:  LSD and BSD.  This
is not conicidence.

   Cheers.