[rescue] Linux

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Wed Nov 27 22:07:56 CST 2002

On Wed, 2002-11-27 at 23:05, paul savage wrote:
> I have some Sparc 20's with dual and quad cpu's, 125
> and 150Mhz. What is the best brand of Linux to run on
> these machines. Also what would be good on a U60?

Well, from my (admittedly limited) experience, my first response would
be that there are better OS's to run on those than linux.  I've been a
linux user for several years, but i've not been overly impressed with
linux on sparc hardware.

That said, my distribution of choice is Debian.  I currently have it on
several machines, including a SparcStation 10.

	-Dan Sikorski