[rescue] What is this?

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sun Nov 24 13:13:55 CST 2002

On Saturday, November 23, 2002, at 11:01 PM, Kevin wrote:
> The cable in this pic (link at bottom), is supposed to
> be an Ethernet/Speaker cable.  I am supposing the ether
> is AUI but does anyone have any info on the "speaker"
> that is suppose to connect to this?

   On several sun4m machines, the AUI ethernet interface and the
speakerbox interface are on the same connector.  This cable breaks them
out so you can use both at the same time.  The speaker that plugs into
it is a desktop box with a mute button and volume up/down buttons.  It
actually sounds halfway decent.  I have several of these kicking around
if you get a woodie to have one.

   Note that you do *not* need this cable to connect a speakerbox if you
don't also need to use the AUI ethernet interface.

       -Dave