[rescue] Wiping filesystems

ghub005 at xtra.co.nz ghub005 at xtra.co.nz
Sun Nov 24 07:03:30 CST 2002

Hi Lads

I've got an opportunity to rescue some nice Sun equipment from one of my clients. However I need to demonstrate that the filesystems have been completely destroyed before the disks are allowed to leave the site.

Are there any linux disk images out there for this purpose? Since I need to trash the entire filesystem I need bootable CD with secure delete software on it e.g. wipe. Alternatively, is there a suitable utility that I can use on the Solaris install disks?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Gavin