[rescue] SGIs and Sun monitors

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Sun Nov 24 02:47:56 CST 2002

On 2002.11.23 19:56 Greg A. Woods wrote:

> no, not with a straight-thru 13w13 cable....  they are not the same
> pinouts
For RGB the pinout is 1:1. The monitor type sense pins and the CSync pin
can be a problem. I slightly ignored that when I connected the Sun to
the IBM / Sony monitor with a 1:1 cable. I have to admit that I used a
RGB only 13W3 cable for the case SGI to Sun monitor. If in doubt you can
use two 13W3 => BNC cables and connect them with BNC-BNC adapters
together back-to-back...
--

tsch|_,
         Jochen