[rescue] Watchguard Firebox II

Steve Hatle shatle at nfldinet.com
Sat Nov 23 08:31:11 CST 2002

-----Original Message-----
From: rescue-admin at sunhelp.org [mailto:rescue-admin at sunhelp.org]On
Behalf Of Dan Sikorski
Sent: Friday, November 22, 2002 10:21 PM
To: rescue at sunhelp.org
Subject: Re: [rescue] Watchguard Firebox II

> Yeah, i think at least some of 'em have 200mhz pentiums, but i know they
> had 300mhz models, probably amd.

> Was it a PCMCIA flash card? or something else?

Nope - there are PCMCIA cards "for expansion" but it looks like soldered on
flash on the MB, if I know what I'm looking at.

> Well, the first thing would be to find out what chipset the ethernet
> interfaces use, that's probably the biggest thing to worry about.  My
> guess would be an intel chipset.

> Did it have an IDE or floppy interface?

It's still open on my desk, I'll check it out on Monday and let you know
what I find. I didn't see any headers that looked IDE or floppyish, but I'll
confirm.

The way to do it might be to update the flash with the new OS image through
the managment software, but how you would get such image built is beyond me.

Steve