[rescue] needed: cable/DSL router

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Fri Nov 22 22:26:58 CST 2002

On Fri, 2002-11-22 at 21:33, Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366 wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 22, 2002 at 08:57:19PM -0500, Dan Sikorski wrote:
> > IMHO, a little box running netBSD will do a much better job than one of
> > those little linksys/d-link/SMC/whoever boxes.  But that's just me.
>
> It has to be up, all the time.  A failure means I have to drive at
> least 20 minutes to fix it.  Maybe a floppy based picoBSD setup would
> be a good idea, though.

That's why i'd prefer something running netBSD, i don't trust those
little $100 things farther than i can spit 'em.  (after all, i could
throw one an awful long way, they don't weigh very much.)  Once again,
just my opinion, it's not like i've dealt with those things very much,
but i do know of people who have told me they need to power cycle them
from time to time.

	-Dan Sikorski