[rescue] running Netra headless (new rescue)

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Fri Nov 22 11:55:06 CST 2002

On Thursday, November 21, 2002, at 06:46 PM, Dan Sikorski wrote:
>>    Your best bet is to pick up a USB<->Serial adapter (Keyspan,
>> etc...check eBay) and use a terminal program (Kermit for example) to
>> connect through the port.
>
> How well do those things work?  Do the requre some sort of software or
> driver to use, or will they work with any usb port on any machine
> without drivers?

   They're devices, therefore they require drivers.  Whether or not
those drivers are supplied with your OS by default depends on your OS.

   Anyway, they work very well...I use one daily.

        -Dave

--
Dave McGuire              "So you're really not gonna bite on the
St. Petersburg, FL              transvestite bait?"    -Doc Shipley