[rescue] running Netra headless (new rescue)

William Enestvedt Will.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Fri Nov 22 07:41:00 CST 2002

> They tend to require drivers.  But, perhaps the driver comes
> preinstalled or something with modern windows and macos?

   I couldn't get Windows XP Pro to recognize the Targus adapter
automagically, but under Linux I just had to load a few kernel modules
(usbcore and three others; weant the list?) to get it to light up.
   I have been trying to get a PowerBook into our IT group for a while, so I
had someone on the network team try out a Belkin (IIRC) adapter on his Compaq
laptop (with Winders 2000, I think) for connecting to the Cisco gear. It
seemed to work well, though if I was going to get an Apple laptop, I'd look
into driver support beforehand.
-wde
--
Will Enestvedt