[rescue] DC power

David L Kindred (Dave) d.kindred at telesciences.com
Thu Nov 21 12:31:39 CST 2002

>>>>> "james" == james  <james at jdfogg.com> writes:

    james> At 01:25 PM 11/20/02 -0600, you wrote:
    >> Sometimes on ebay I see Suns up for auction that are DC
    >> powered. (Netra T1100 or T1120 for example) Are inexpensive DC
    >> power supplies available for these?
    >>
    >> Thanks Paul Phillips

    james> That would be -48V and they are not inexpensive. Some elderly
    james> PBX system power supplies (available free if you ask a phone
    james> reseller) provide enough -48 from their supplies to do the
    james> job.

There was recently (within 6 months anyway) a whole thread on -48v in
either this list or one of Bill's other lists.  I think the whole topic
was beaten to death by the end of thread, so you'll want to check the
archives.

--
David L. Kindred <mailto:d.kindred at telesciences.com>
Unix Systems & Network Administrator