[rescue] ooh, pretty

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Tue Nov 19 14:39:53 CST 2002

On Tue, Nov 19, 2002 at 03:36:04PM -0500, Thomas Gallaway wrote:
> hmm I've seen r10k's 195mhz for cheaper or equal value...
> This one only has 75mhz...
> just keep on digging in the deep e-bay grounds of neat hardware...

Well, I wasn't planning on buying it, or any SGI at the moment.

But, it's not about whether the r8k or r10k is cheaper, or higher clock
rate.  It is about the fact that the r8k was way cool, and I believe is
mhz per mhz faster than a r10k (although perhaps not so much faster that
a 75mhz r8k is faster than a 225mhz r10k), when doing double precision
fp.  The r8k was not a integer happy chip.

I think I still have my byte issue that introduced in great depth the
r8k around here somewhere..

--
Joshua D. Boyd