[rescue] WTB: 32MB parity SIMM

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Mon Nov 18 22:39:18 CST 2002

On Mon, 2002-11-18 at 22:11, Greg A. Woods wrote:
> You don't expect the correct picture for every similar item in the
> catalog of a surplus outfit that big do you!?!?!?!?

They don't seem all THAT big, all it takes is a few minutes with a
digital camera to snap some pictures. If they're that big, they could
easily

> It says it's a parity SIMM and it says's it's 8x36 bits, and that's
> exactly what I would expect it to be; and if that's not exactly what
> they ship, well then it's under 3-year warranty and their return policy
> is pretty straight forward -- it would be pretty damn hard for them to
> argue that non-existant parity bits were in working condition!  :-)

I've had more obvious claims than that before and was denied a refund.
(two RAID controllers that were supposed to be ultra-wide, but were
fast-wide instead).  Granted, i was dealing with a FSCKING MORON, and
had i known what an IDIOT he was, i wouldn't have bought them in the
first place, but.....

> I've bought other stuff (disks, I think) from these guys, and they've
> not been wrong in their descriptions before.

Well, i have had no experience with them, so i figured that i needed to
assume that they not necessarily the brightest people ever.  I mean,
probably 90% of people who sell PC stuff wouldn't know the difference
between parity and non-parity SIMMs if you spelled it out for them, and
then shoved a simm up their ass every time they got it wrong after that.

	-Dan Sikorski