[rescue] Re: WTB: P3-600 slot1 cpu

Gavin Hubbard ghub005 at xtra.co.nz
Sun Nov 17 21:58:38 CST 2002

Anybody know where I can get a P3-600 (100Mhz FSB) slot1 CPU?  Its
the fastest one that Dell says will work in this "new" machine..

I'd recommend the EBay seller 'Marathontech'. He sold me a set of 333MHz
PII Overdrive cpus before the market bounced and they became expensive
again. If he doesn't have what you're after on his current listings, drop
him an email as his range is pretty extensive.

I'd be surprised if a P3-600 is the fastest cpu that will work in your
machine, it could be that it was the fastest supported chip at the time.
There are some faster 100MHz FSB solt-1 cpus out there e.g. 800MHz and
1GHz. As long as the Dell's BIOS supports the later processor's microcode
you should be fine i.e. update to the most recent BIOS for your machine.

Regards,

Gavin