[rescue] Ultra 1 Mice & 411 Tape Drive removal questions

Bill Vinson billvinson at nc.rr.com
Sun Nov 17 08:59:03 CST 2002

On Sun, Nov 17, 2002 at 02:23:59AM -0600, Bill Bradford wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 17, 2002 at 01:53:58AM -0500, Bill Vinson wrote:
> > 2.      How do you get a tape drive with 5.25 adapter out of a 411 case?
> > I want to replace the tape drive with the Plextor, but so far I have yet
> > to find a way to remove it.
>
> Flip the case over, press the tabs on the bottom.. It should be fairly obvious
> once you see the tabs.
>
> Bill

I saw the tabs (A large one and a small one),  but pusing these doesn't
seem to be releasing the tape drive. The tape drive seems is attached
into the 5.25 adapter, which seems to be screwed into the bottom, but I
see no way to get to the screws without pulling out the who metal
assembly inside the plastic case.

Thanks,
Bill