[rescue] Sun Ultra 10/NetBSD

Mike Meredith mike at blackhairy.demon.co.uk
Sun Nov 17 07:45:04 CST 2002

On Sunday 17 November 2002 1:31 pm, vance at neurotica.com wrote:
> There's an Ultra 10 I am looking at for one of my younger cousins
> looking to get into UNIX.  Am I right in assuming that this machine
> doesn't have an onboard framebuffer?

It does indeed have an onboard framebuffer. If it's one of the early
ones, it'll be a bit limited.

> Will the PROM support booting
> with a PC PCI video card?

I suspect not unless it's very compatible with the ones that Sun uses.
Unless of course you mean booting headless with X taking over once the
system is up.

> Will it work under X under NetBSD/sparc64
> if he has it set to autoboot and has a terminal around just in case?

I'm afraid I don't know the answer to that one, but it would be nice to
find out.