[rescue] Internal SCSI CD Cable on an Ultra1?

Bill Vinson billvinson at nc.rr.com
Thu Nov 14 23:26:51 CST 2002

I have an Ultra 1 that I am trying to install a Plextor SCSI CD-R into.
I know the plextor should boot the Sun, but I have a question.

Normally on a PC the SCSI ribbon has a female connector for each drive
and the SCSI card. However, on the Ultra 1, it seems I need to connect
to the system with a male connector. There is a female connector right
where the SCA drive cable connects in and from the manuals it looks as
if this is where the CD-ROM cable should plug in.  The problem I have is
that every 50-pin ribbon I have ever seen is all female connectors,
unlike this situation that seems to need the female connector on the
drive end and a male connector to connect to the system.

Am I right on this?

Thanks,
Bill