[rescue] Fw: Quick low-tech question (SOG)

Leslie Connally lesliec at theplanet.com
Thu Nov 14 16:13:59 CST 2002

>Your monitor *must* support SOG.  I know of no way to make a non-SOG monitor

I was having trouble getting a Mac to boot with a video card after onboard
crapped out.. it turned out the (TwinTurbo?) defaulted to SOG, and could
only be changed thru the control panel.. accessible only after you had sync
and a desktop & GUI!!!! (shades of MS:  keyboard error.. press any key)

I discovered it playing with the 5 BNC commector on the monitor.. I just
undid (by happenstance) the H & V.. and voila! video out!

Les