[rescue] Minor auction treasure (IBM eNetwork firewall 3.3)

Robert Rose rr at rits.com.au
Wed Nov 13 04:22:17 CST 2002

At 10:34 AM 12/11/2002 -0600, Gavin wrote:
>I just picked up three sealed copies of IBM eNetwork firewall v3.3 for AIX
>and NT at a local auction. They all have entry level license certificates
>(up to 25 IP addresses). The nice thing is that they were only 10USD each.

OK, put them down and run away as fast as you possibly can.  These things
are ugly as sin!

>I've opened one of the kits to do a eval on one of my NT boxes (yeah, I
>know...). Do any of the resident RS/6000 users want web access to the binaries?

Unfortunately once you've got it installed on an RS/6000, you can't even
use the regular SMIT tools to administer the box (although you can
supposedly administer the firewall thru extra SMIT menus that the firewall
software adds).  Never seen the NT port, the AIX one scarred me enough to
make me shy away from the product alltogether.

R.