[rescue] Fast Ethernet vs. SS2

jwbirdsa at picarefy.com jwbirdsa at picarefy.com
Mon Nov 11 21:36:16 CST 2002

   Well, I have purchased a Big Mac. I settled on that after considering two
factors: 1) the report posted here of somebody who has actually used one
in a SS2 (versus no reports for a Happy Meal in a SS2) and 2) the hme is
listed as "not well tested" in NetBSD 1.5.x.

   One thing I've learned over the years is that if I want something to
Just Work, I should stick to configurations that other people have used
and ironed the bugs out of. There's lots of fun to be had with fooling
around with odd combinations, but not if you're trying to solve an
immediate problem and need to just drop something in and go, instead of
spending weeks tweaking and exercising.

   Thanks to everybody who posted advice today!

   --James B.