[rescue] Sun tape drive

Mike F lists at mikef.dyndns.org
Mon Nov 11 09:41:49 CST 2002

I rescued a Sun DDS 2 tape drive this weekend;
it's in a 611 case and it has 68-pin SCSI jacks
on the back. Unfortunately, none of my machines
has 68-pin SCSI outputs - they're all 50-pin.
Can anyone point me in the right direction to
find either a 68-50 pin cable or an adapter?
Also, can anyone give me any information on this
drive? There's very little information on the web
about it; SunSolve has a parts breakdown, but no
specifications or additional info for the drive.
Specifically, I'd like to know what length DAT
tapes it can take. SunSolve lists the drive as
4/8GB, so I'd guess that will determine what
size DAT tapes it can take.

Thanks, MF