[rescue] Speaking of backups, scripting division

Sheldon T. Hall shel at cmhcsys.com
Sun Nov 10 13:20:49 CST 2002

Is there an easy way to turn a crontab entry into something a little easier
on the eyes?  Specifically, I want to turn the minute-hour-day part of a
crontab line into a date.

For example, I have a line in root's crontab that reads

59 02 * * 3 /usr/local/bin/backup_automatic

And I'd like to change the "59 02 * * 3" into a real date, so I can mail
myself a reminder that says something like

"Next backup scheduled for Wednesday, November 13, at 02:59"

Now, I might be able to do that with a bunch of scripting, but I'm sure
someone on the list has already worked it out and knows the secret lick....

Thanks.

-Shel

--
Sheldon T. Hall