AW: [rescue] Clariion array... help...

Marc Gutschner Marc.Gutschner at Triplan.COM
Fri Nov 8 01:51:49 CST 2002

> Does any one have a CLARiiON disk array with any of the folowing model
> numbers 1400/1500/1800/2800/3000 that is functional, specificly the 2800.

I have a 1600D, that suffers from exactly the same "symptoms" as yours, i.e.
LIC (Licensed Internal Code) is missing.

> I'm trying to get an array functional but am missing the internal code to
> boot the array. I saw several posts a while back about these
> arrays i wanted to know if any one still had any info on them.

When posting to the list a short while ago I got some very promising
replies. But so far I had no time to work out how to continue from there.
The solution is essentially to find someone who has a working array to
mirror the disk with the LIC. The drives in theses CLARiiON arrays are
formatted with 520 bytes/sector and the LIC is sort of "hidden" in those
extra 8 bytes...

HTH,
Marc