[rescue] My latest rescue with some interresting facts

Thomas Gallaway tgallaway at comcast.net
Tue Nov 5 21:04:34 CST 2002

Ok

First of all anybody remember that nasty anti-unix thingie Unisys had?
http://www.wehavethewayout.com/
To refresh the brains...
Well one of my regular dumpster diving stop's is one of Unisys's
warehouses...
So this weekend .... a very interresting dive...
- Sparc 5 (bad)
- Sparc 20 (good)
- Sun 911 case (1 drive bad)
Ok here's the deal... all those finding's have a "BAD" sticker on top...
Just the SS5 was actually fried.
So you think... what they do... they dump those machines and get some
Microsoft Windows machines for the project that was running on those bad
machines? Nooooooo... wrong tought...
Also in the dumpster packing and side panel's for a brand new Sun E4X00
machine.
The SS20 had oracle stuff on it so I guess they use it as an DB server.
So they got rid of the SS5 and SS20 as their server and got an Sun E4X00??
They say UNIX sucks but run it themselfe cause my guess it's more reliable
than
windooze products?

... Well also we found a tape library and a sattelite modem and 2 VoIP
phones.