[rescue] U1e Dead Ethernet

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Tue Nov 5 10:05:22 CST 2002

On Tue, 5 Nov 2002, Phil Brutsche wrote:

> The MII transceivers I've seen cost as much as replacing the Sun outright.

Ick.  That's no fun at all.

> It's cheaper just to get a HME sbus card :(

That's what i'm doing now, but it grates against my sensibilities.  I
mean, bah!, the port's right -there-.  I just need a transceiver for it.
When I get home I'll break out the multimeter and check fuses.  It worked
for a little while, and then stopped, so that seems like the most likely
avenue to my electronically-declined brain.

--
Jonathan Patschke
  "Albert Einstein nailed space-time, but the wild thing had him stumped.