[rescue] What job does your SGI do at home?

Tim Chong oeyvind at mac.com
Tue Nov 5 01:56:16 CST 2002

> Aside from the Ubergeek chic  and cool factor of using the same machines
> that Hollywood uses, what do list-members use their
> Indigo/I2/Octane/O2/Crimsons for?  Web services, visualization, games, ...?

Used to run this Indy at home but drag it to work as I'm here more:

http://www.oeyvind.org/album/Equipments/SGI/tn/DSCN0103.jpg.html

It was a 64/1G R4400SC/100 when I rescued from underneath someone's
desk.

Now, it's a full configured R5K machine, hinv:

http://www.oeyvind.org/about/hinv/guinness-20021021.txt

What I do with it? MXAudio running mp3, terminal sessions to the Mac OS
X boxes at work, VNC to my Mac and PC.

Got php, mysql, apache on it for some testing as well.

Tim