[rescue] Fw: Netra T1's 105 DC. Free to a good home.

Mike Hebel nimitz at speakeasy.net
Mon Nov 4 10:27:35 CST 2002

Bill Bradford wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 04, 2002 at 09:05:19AM -0600, Mike Hebel wrote:
>
> >Bill?  Have you considered the Rusty (www.kuro5hin.org) donation method
> >of work.  He managed to get enough people to donate enough money to turn
> >his site into a personal non-profit venture that keeps him afloat.
>

> He gets a LOT more visitors than me, and he runs a "Community" site, not
> some half-assed web site with links to other sites and a couple mailing
> lists.
>
> SunHELP is nice, but its not anything I could use to support my family.

Still, it _is_ an idea.  I've had to think differently since I've been
off work for so long and from my point of view a donation button
wouldn't be out of line.  It's not charity if it's from friends.

(Even if some of the friends are in the same spot you are.  Chris Byrnes
is probably the worst off of this list - I'm embarrassed that I didn't
think of him until now.  Sorry Chris!)

I can't donate a lot but I can donate $10 when my wife gets paid next.
Maybe more once I kill my pride and apply at McDonald's. ;-)

Hell, maybe the sunmanagers list people would donate some money - after
all a lot of them still have jobs.

Anyway, it was just a thought Bill - I didn't mean to offend you in any way.

Mike Hebel

P.S.:  Don't be so hard on yourself - you've got a good life overall and
you're a good person.  That counts for a lot in my book.  Unfortunately
it's usually the good sane ones that have to bear the brunt of the
insanity of the world.