[rescue] Unemployment

William Enestvedt Will.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Mon Nov 4 07:14:27 CST 2002

> ...you owe taxes on any unemployment benefits you
> receive. So, take a third of whatever you receive and
> put it in the bank, cause you'll need it at tax time.

   I seem to recall that you can opt to have your unemployment payments
reduced by the amount you'll owe for taxes before they cut the check; just
live on that and you won't have to sweat the arrival of Tax Day. (I was laid
off in 1999 in Massachusetts seven weeks before the baby arrived: I read the
fine print pretty close...)
-wde
--
Will Enestvedt