[rescue] Fw: Netra T1's 105 DC. Free to a good home.

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sun Nov 3 21:26:39 CST 2002

On Sun, Nov 03, 2002 at 05:02:06PM -0600, Paul Phillips wrote:
> Bill -
> Have you had any experience with these things?  I have seen Netras and X1s on
> ebay recently in the $300.00 range, and just wonder if they are worth it.

Yep.  Definitely, although the Netra T1s are better than the X1s.  T1s are
big-cache SCSI machines, the X1s are almost "throwaway" IDE machines.

> When an X1 says it has a 400 mhz processor - do you know if that is one
> with thesmall cache (like the 360), or is it the same processor that goes in the
> E250 with thebig cache?

AFAIK its a 400 (or 440) with 2M cache.

> Just wonder if they are good deals...

Definitely.  I've built up about 10 of these boxes in the past six months
for stuff at my soon-to-be-ex job.

Bill

--
bill bradford