[rescue] Ooh, beautiful

Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366 patrick at zill.net
Sun Nov 3 13:58:27 CST 2002

On Sun, Nov 03, 2002 at 02:41:58PM -0500, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> One beautifull machine: more than I can afford.
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2067073155

It is not worth $800.  Sorry, but it isn't.  Maybe if the C-Cube chip
did motion JPEG like it was supposed to (but the chip had a bug and
they never got a new chip/fixed the bug).

> On the up side, I have Objective C working on my linux machine, and will
> soon get working on installing GNUstep-base (the non-gui stuff, to my
> understanding).

x86 Un*x running Objective-C and GNUStep is worth $800 of your time,
and you can clone the results to a $500 machine that will outperform
the NeXTDimenion by almost 2 orders of magnitude.

Cordially
| Patrick Giagnocavo, patrick at zill.net             |
| Zill.Net - OpenACS, Postgres, Python hosting     |
| OpenACS v4 shared server       $39.99/month      |
| Colocation w/30GB transfer     $99.00/month      |
| Managed servers (incl. system) $175/month        |