[rescue] HPUX 11i ?

Steve Sandau ssandau at bath.tmac.com
Sat Nov 2 00:01:13 CST 2002

> > Got the HP 700/RX X-terminal working. Thanks for the info. Can't figure
> > out why HP-UX 10.20 doesn't display icons on the X-terminal when the
> > console screen does. Hrmmmm....
>
> That was pretty quick.  It took me an age.  It was my first experience with
> TFTP, netbooting, or X terminals, but still....
>
> I can't help you with the icon issue, I don't know diddley about HP-UX.

Well, I have had 10.20 for a few years now, and put it on a 712/60 using
Ignite, so I had dome some netbooting. I also have a really good packet
sniffer. ;) The icons were fixed when I ran a sniffer on the connection
and found the Xterminal was looking for a few files that weren't
accessible via tftp. I just put them there and it works like a charm.
Love that 20" A4033A monitor!

--
Steve Sandau
IS Technician, TMA Bath, Maine