[rescue] Discussion Question

Robert Rose rr at rits.com.au
Fri Nov 1 17:23:59 CST 2002

At 12:00 PM 1/11/2002 -0600, you wrote:
> > OK, Where does everyone fit in the home LAN picture?
One VLAN of BayStack 350-24T has Cisco 805 with 28.8 modem permanent
connection to ISP + outside interface of AlphaStation 200 running OpenBSD
for firewall duties.  ISP gives me 32 real IPs.

Second VLAN on same Bay switch has everything else: inside interface of
OpenBSD firewall, Cisco Aironet hub, FreeBSD fileserver (samba + NFS +
DHCP), Solaris x86 jumpstart server, HP D280, kyocera laser all on
permanently.  Ultra 2, O2, Alphastation 400, laptops, and assorted peecees
on when needed.  RFC1918 addressing, all devices in one subnet.

Recently acquired Tektronics ThinStar citrix/Xterm may bump the ultra 2 out
to the rack-o-stuff-that's-always-on if I can get it to do better than
800x600.

No FDDI unfortunately, I'd have loved to, but the Bay switch was so *%^&ing
cheap it made the decision for me.

Rob.