[rescue] Trenton Computerfest find (Ultra Enterprize 3000)

Corda Albert J DLVA CordaAJ at NSWC.NAVY.MIL
Wed May 8 16:07:29 CDT 2002

I paid $400 for it (the UE 3000).  I don't know if this was
a good deal or not, since I'm not familiar (yet) with the 3000.
This was a purchase borne of the exuberance and excitement of
a large computerfest. Very often, I've been lucky in my
impulsive buys... but every once in a while I screw up, too.
The seller started at $1500, which I felt was excessive, and
dropped down to $750 later in the show.  I talked with him a
while, and we settled at $400. He really didn't know what he
had (nor did I... I'm quite familiar with the Ultra2, 30, 60
etc. but not these critters) and decided that a bird in the
hand (my offer) was worth more than a potentially higher
sale later on.

I'll provide a picture when I get a chance... physically, it
is in excellent shape... no broken or cracked plastic, no scrapes
or dings. came with a couple of hard disks, but no sbus cards.

I'll try powering it up tonight...

-al-
-acorda at 1bigred.com