[rescue] need IRIX CD (C Front End CD)

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Wed Mar 27 01:38:00 CST 2002

> > c_fe.sw.c cannot be installed because of missing prerequisites:
> >
> > c_fe.man.c cannot be installed because of missing prerequisites:
> >
> > c++_fe.sw.c++ cannot be installed because of missing prerequisites:

I figured it out - I think.  In order to install MIPSPro 7.3.whatever,
you need to have the full C and C++ environment installed.  Apparently,
the stuff on the Development Foundation CD is just the bare minimum
crap, and most of it is actually dummy comilers.  Aparently it's all
just eoe_sw stuff - not a working compiler.

Let me qualify this by saying that that's what I read in the last couple
hours of web searching - this is not something to be taken as gospel.  I
may be wrong.

Didja see this yet:
http://support.sgi.com/lang/73compilers_65.html

It's too late in the day for me to try this now though...

Kurt