[rescue] Punch the Monkey (was: SS2 memory?)

Kurt Mosiejczuk kurt at csh.rit.edu
Fri Mar 8 13:45:47 CST 2002

On Fri, 8 Mar 2002, Greg A. Woods wrote:

> [ On Friday, March 8, 2002 at 03:16:42 (-0500), James Sharp wrote: ]

> > At the moment, no I don't leave it enabled all the time.  But I get really
> > freakin tired of having to go turning it on & turning it off & turning it
> > back on when I go bounding between web sites.

> If I were a UI designer....

Actually, Opera 6.0 has a quick preferences button, F12.  It pops up a
window with the following:

Accept pop-up windows
Refuse pop-up windows
Open pop-up windows in background
---
Enable GIF Animation
Enable embedded video
Enable embedded audio
Enable Java
Enable plug-ins
Enable Javascript
---
Enable cookies
Enable referrer logging
Enable proxy servers
---
Identify as Opera
Identify as Mozilla 5.0
Identify as Mozilla 4.78
Identify as Mozilla 3.0
Identify as MSIE 5.0

I haven't really used it, but Wow.  Most of the stuff you want to be
easily toggle-able.

--Kurt