[rescue] Re: Re: hot swap scsi

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Mon Mar 4 00:23:34 CST 2002

On Mon, 4 Mar 2002, Bill Bradford wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 03, 2002 at 10:05:44PM -0800, Robert Novak wrote:
> > You can, I believe, "stop" a disk in Solaris with the Solstice Disksuite
> > "metatool" ... might be CLI-possible too but I don't know for sure.
>
> Anything you can do via a GUI with disksuite is possible via the command
> line, FYI.

Not hard to believe. Just not easy to locate. :) Do you know the command
offhand? All I found in the disksuite user's guide or a suitable google
search is how to stop the disk in the disksuite tool, and a glance
through the meta* man pages didn't show anything that looked useful. .

It may be that in general JBOD usage it doesn't matter, but in a caching
array (SSA for example) it's more important?

--Rob