[rescue] SMP on intel wasteful?

Brian Dunbar Brian.Dunbar at plexus.com
Tue Jun 25 10:58:27 CDT 2002

> -----Original Message-----
From: Chris Hedemark [mailto:chris at yonderway.com]

I did some shopping around last night.  I won't bother quoting prices.
For the price of one Sun Ultra 60 workstation, which is described as a
low cost machine, I can have three dual processor PC servers with
hardware RAID, redundant power supplies, redundant fans, etc.<

We've had good results in the past using a VAI from the Northeast - Concorde
Systems (www.concorde.com)

Last set of systems we were going to buy were (without going into details)
"U60 comparable", and would have cost us around 5k per - comparable in price
to a "PC" workstation-style system.

briand