computer building? was[rescue] Noise levels

James Sharp jsharp at psychoses.org
Wed Jun 19 11:55:59 CDT 2002

> > Don't forget a really big door/loading dock to bring in the big
> > machines.
>
> Is there anything out there that won't go through a 36 inch door?  I
> haven't seen anything wider than a 24" rack, which, with sides off, goes
> through a 36 inch door fine.  Of course, given the basic concept of the
> collection I also want to make it wheelchair friendly, so there will be
> an entrance ramp.

I was mainly speaking in terms of height...should have specified that.  I
can't tell you how many times we had to tilt over 500 pound racks at
McGuire's place to get them into the front door because they were 3 inches
too tall to go through standing up on their wheels.

And then trying to get them to hop over the door threshold was always fun
too.

> > LEDs. Cheap & cool to run.
>
> I haven't seen any cheap white LEDs, and they have such warped color
> profiles I don't think I would like them for primary lighting.  I'll
> probably go with in ceiling incandescents, with versatile switching, so
> I can light up only what I need.

See the URL I posted about theledlight.com.  Might be more in your price
range.